N/sub 2/O formation in combustion systems [electronic resource] : Quarterly technical progress report
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1989.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 15 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The objective of this project is to characterize N/sub 2/O emissions from combustion sources emphasizing N/sub 2/O emissions from post-combustion selective gas phase NO/sub x/ reduction processes and reburning. The processes to be evaluated include ammonia, cyanuric acid, urea injection and reburning. The project includes pilot-scale testing at two facilities supported by chemical kinetic modeling. Testing will be performed on both a gas-fired plug flow combustor and a pulverized-coal fired combustor. Work performed has included the performance of preliminary chemical kinetics calculations. This work was done using a PC-based version of Sandia Laboratories CHEMKIN kinetics code. Following completion of the initial kinetics runs, laboratory work will begin in the gas-fired facility. Following completion of the first phase of that work, both testing at the coal-fired facility and additional kinetics calculations will be performed. 10 refs., 4 figs., 2 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Fossil Energy Research Corp., Laguna Hills, CA (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23505389