Application of the U-GAS process for the production of gas of intermediate calorific value [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 26 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper deals with the status of the Memphis (Tennessee) Light, Gas and Water Division's (MLGW) industrial fuel gas project and the recent progress in research and development activities directed at generating low- and intermediate-calorific value gas. The detailed design of a 2540 tonnes per day coal conversion demonstration plant to produce 10.76 MJ per m/sup 3/ industrial fuel gas is scheduled for completion in April of 1979. The design incorporates many proven innovative process developments available to the process designer at the time the design was made firm. The product gas, prinicpally CO and H/sub 2/, is intended for selected industrial or commercial customers as a reliable alternative to natural gas. The paper includes a status report on work underway.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-790512-4
- Published through SciTech Connect.
14. world gas conference, Toronto, Canada, 27 May 1979.
Loeding, J.W.; Stanfill, I.G.
View MARC record | catkey: 23505444