Mitigation of the effects of sulphur pollution [electronic resource].
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 110 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Harvard University and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- As an introduction to the discussion of mitigation of the effects of SO/sub 2/, its health effect on man and the use of sulfates as indicators of the health hazard are first considered. The use of tall chimney stacks and intermittent control and other schemes to reduce the SO/sub 2/ release to the atmosphere are discussed. The problems of administration and forecasting are analyzed and legal problems associated with SO/sub 2/ control are reviewed. In an appendix an analysis of federal jurisdiction over interstate pollution and possible avenues of litigation open to the states is presented. (JSR)
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl-22283
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Chang, B.; Wilson, R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23505595