Cross sections for the /sup 14/N(n,p/sub 0/), (n,. cap alpha. /sub 0/), and (n,. cap alpha. /sub 1/) reactions from 0. 5 to 15 MeV. [0. 5 to 15 MeV] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 40 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Cross sections were measured for the /sup 14/N(n,p/sub 0/) reaction from 0.5 to 7.0 MeV and for the (n,..cap alpha../sub 0/) and (n,..cap alpha../sub 1/) reactions from 1 to 15 MeV and 4 to 15 MeV, respectively. The data were obtained using a gaseous scintillator containing N/sub 2/ and Xe mixtures. A linac was used as a pulsed, white neutron source with a 29-m fight path. The results of the measurement are compared to the current evaluated file for nitrogen; agreement is good for neutron energies below 8 MeV, but the measurement is substantially higher than the evaluation for neutron energies near 10 MeV.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23505628