Response of a large all-liquid scintillation spectrometer and of a 24-layer iron-plastic spectrometer to charged pions and protons in the low-GeV energy range [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1973.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 69 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- To aid in the design of a particular class of ionization spectrometers, calculations have been carried out to determine the response of a large all- liquid scintillation spectrometer to incident protons and charged pions in the low-GeV energy range. Included for comparative purposes is the calculated response of a 24-layer iron-plastic sandwich spectrometer of comparable gram/cm/ sup 2/ thickness. The calculated data include spatially dependent energy deposition, spatially integrated contributions to the total energy deposition, leakage and binding energies, scintillation pulse-height distributions including and excluding saturation effects, and correlations between different variables. Also included for several cases is the calculated Cherenkov response. (auth)
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ornl-tm--4349
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Gabriel, T.A.; Amburgey, J.D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23505642