The story of painting / Wendy Beckett ; contributing consultant, Patricia Wright
- Introduction: painting before Giotto -- Gothic painting -- The Italian Renaissance -- The Northern Renaissance -- Baroque and Rococo -- Neoclassicism and Romanticism -- The Age of Impressionism -- Post-Impressionism -- The 20th Century.
- Sister Wendy is back with this expanded version of her popular book, which features more than 450 masterpieces, 150 oversized details from key paintings, and 250+ photos, drawings, and documents that place paintings in their historical context. and Chronicles the history of eight hundred years of Western painting, from the Byzantine era to post-modernism, highlighting styles, techniques, media, artists, and themes.
- 0789468050 and 9780789468055
- "In association with the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C." and Includes index.
- Other Forms:
- Also issued online.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Berks copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2002.
View MARC record | catkey: 2350682