Cosmic Ray Neutron Sensing: Estimation of Agricultural Crop Biomass Water Equivalent [electronic resource] / by Ammar Wahbi, Lee Heng, Gerd Dercon
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Foreword -- Summary -- 2. In-Situ Destructive Sampling -- 2.1 The Concept of Representivity -- 2.2 Plant Sampling Pattern and Design -- 2.3 Biomass Water Equivalent -- 2.4 Conclusions -- 3. Remote Sensing via Satellite Imagery Analysis -- 3.1 Photo-Reflective Properties of Plants -- 3.2 Satellite Image Analysis -- 3.3 Conclusions -- 4. Estimate of Biomass Water Equivalent via the Cosmic Ray Neutron Sensor -- 4.1 The role of Biomass in the CRNS Calibration -- 4.2 Relationship between Neutrons and Crop Biomass -- 4.3 Dire4ct Relationship between Neutrons and Biomass -- 4.4 Conclusions.
- This book is published open access under a CC BY 3.0 IGO license. This open access book provides methods for the estimation of Biomass Water Equivalent (BEW), an essential step for improving the accuracy of area-wide soil moisture by cosmic-ray neutron sensors (CRNS). Three techniques are explained in detail: (i) traditional in-situ destructive sampling, (ii) satellite based remote sensing of plant surfaces, and (iii) biomass estimation via the use of the CRNS itself. The advantages and disadvantages of each method are discussed along with step by step instructions on proper procedures and implementation. .
- 9783319695396, 9783319695389 (print), 9783319695402 (print), and 9783030098940 (print)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 23508742