After the ball was over : for ladies
- Hill, Kailaime L.
- Massachusetts, 1913-1915.
London : Dow & Lester, 
- Physical Description:
- 48 unnumbered leaves ; 17 cm
- Language Note:
- Both printed and hand-written elements in English
- A published blank book with forms on each page to record experiences at dances and similar social events; this one has been completely filled out by Kailaime L. Hill, a young woman who attended numerous social occasions with various partners. The first date recorded is November 14, 1913; the last is May 24, 1915. Several of the locations noted refer to locations in the Boston Metropolitan Area, such as Harvard and Amherst; other dances took place in Kingston, New York. The pre-printed pages prompt recording information such as dance partners, location, dress color, and general reactions to the event. The pages are hand-numbered. A few of the later pages have notes on the verso, which follow a similar pattern. .
- Title from published title page.
"Kailaime L. Hill, started November 1913."
On each page, the "Date of 'at home' day" has been lined out and replaced with "Escort."
- Binding Information:
- Publisher's red cloth stamped in gold, black and white.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased from Eclectibles; 2017.
Purchased with funds from the Mary Ann O'Brian Malkin Program Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts; 2017
- Administrative History:
- Kailaime L. Hill was a young women living in the northeast, probably near Boston, Massachusetts, with an active social life. She appears to have been around 18-20 years old at the time this book was completed.
- Endowment Note:
- Sandra K. Stelts and Ronald L. Filippelli Exhibitions Program Endowment for Special Collections
Mary Ann O'Brian Malkin Program Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts
View MARC record | catkey: 23510977