Urban environmental planning : policies, instruments, and methods in an international perspective / edited by Donald Miller, Gert de Roo
- Aldershot, England ; Brookfield, Vt. : Avebury, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 311 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Miller, Donald, 1936-
Roo, Gert de.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Introduction / D. Miller and G. de Roo -- Pollution control in the United Kingdom / B. Goodall -- Tackling the problem of conflicting land uses in Hong Kong : a planner's view / Pun Chung Chan -- From measurement to measures : land use and environmental protection in Brooklyn, New York / N. Anderson, E. Hanhardt, I. Pasher -- Land use conflicts and problem solving strategies : three case studies in the metropolitan area of Lisbon / J. Farinha, L. Vasconcelos, A. Perestrelo -- A noise remedy program : Seattle-Tacoma international airport / E. Munday -- Land use conflicts at a nuclear weapons site : contamination, industry and habitat at Hanford / J. Denkers, M. Power -- Risk-based urban environmental planning / S. Nicholas -- Towards an integrated district oriented policy : a policy for urban planning and the environment in Amsterdam / E. Meijburg -- Improving environmental performance of local land use plans : an experiment with sustainable urban planning in Amsterdam / E. Timaŕ -- A method for incorporating environmental aspects into spatial planning / N. Streefkerk -- Innovation mitigation at a treatment plant : the applied waste water technologies research program / G. M. Bush -- Dutch integrated environmental zoning : a comprehensive program for dealing with urban environmental spillovers / D. Miller -- The rise and fall of the environmental zone : a discussion about area oriented environmental planning in urban areas / G. de Roo -- Integrated environmental zoning in the IJmond-region near Amsterdam / D. Arbouw -- Integrated environmental zoning and American inner-city redevelopment : a helpful intersection of land-use planning and environmental law / M. A. Wolf -- (Integrated) environmental zoning : comparative study of 12 countries / J. Pearce -- Seatle's environmentally critical areas policies / C. Marks -- A wildlife habitat network for community planning using GIS technology / K. J. Stenberg, K. O. Richter, D. McNamara, L. Vicknair -- Reducing flood damage impacts of urbanization : institutional problems and approaches / F. Westerlund -- Environmental appraisal of development plans / N. Border -- Integrated environmental zoning in local land use plans : some Dutch experiences / H. Borst -- Integrating environmental quality criteria in municipal master plans : a general proposal / C. Garrett.
- A collection of papers selected from those presented at an international symposium on urban planning and environment, held in Seattle, USA, in March 1994.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 2356135