Getting ready for Benjamin : preparing teachers for sexual diversity in the classroom / edited by Rita M. Kissen
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 266 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Kissen, Rita M.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Curriculum, cultures, and (homo)sexualities series
- The challenges of gay topics in teacher education : politics, content, and pedagogy / Arthur Lipkin -- "But no one in the class is gay" : countering invisibility and creating allies in teacher education programs / Diana Straut and Mara Sapon-Shevin -- What do we do in physical education? / Michael Gard -- "Pedophiles and deviants": exploring issues of sexuality, masculinity, and normalization in the lives of male teacher candidates / Deborah P. Berrill and Wayne Martino -- Homophobia in the schools : student teachers' perceptions and preparation to respond / Jane A. Page and Delores D. Liston -- Education by association : the shortcomings of discourses of privacy and civility in anti-homophobia education / Cris Mayo -- The gay ghetto in the geography of education textbooks / Allison J. Young and Michael J. Middleton -- "Talking about inclusion like it's for everyone" : sexual diversity and the inclusive schooling movement / Paula Kluth and Kevin P. Colleary -- Revisioning multiculturalism in teacher education : isn't it queer? / Will Letts -- Queer developments in teacher education : addressing sexual diversity, homophobia, and heterosexism / Tim Bedford -- Getting to the heart of teaching for diversity / Genet Simone -- How my teacher education program failed / "Starr" -- Visibility, invisibility, and "the thickness of nondivesity" : what I learned from Karen / Rita M. Kissen and Karen Phillips -- Heteronormativity and common sense in science (teacher) education / Steve Fifield and Howard (Lee) Swain -- "I was afraid he would label me gay if I stood up for gays" : the experience of lesbian and gay elementary education credential candidates at a rural state university / Eric Rofes -- Teacher educators and the multicultural closet : the impact of gay and lesbian content on an undergraduate teacher education seminar / James R. King and Roger Brindley -- Can of worms : a queer TA in teacher ed. / Karleen Pendleton Jiménez -- I'm everywoman : multiple identities as part of the diversity curriculum / Karen Glasgow -- Campus dyke meets teacher education : a marriage made in social justice heaven / Ronni Sanlo.
- 0742516768 (cloth : alk. paper)
0742516776 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20023.
View MARC record | catkey: 2357632