American orientalism : the United States and the Middle East since 1945 / Douglas Little
- Little, Douglas
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 407 pages : map ; 25 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Gideon's band in the Holy Land : we're not in Kansas anymore -- Orientalism, American style : the Middle East in the mind of America -- Opening the door : business, diplomacy, and America's stake in Middle East oil -- The making of a special relationship : America and Israel -- A tale of four doctrines : U.S. national security, the Soviet threat, and the Middle East -- Sympathy for the devil? : America, Nasser, and Arab revolutionary nationalism -- Modernizing the Middle East : from reform to revolution in Iraq, Libya, and Iran -- Kicking the Vietnam syndrome : waging limited war from the Mediterranean to the Persian Gulf -- Opportunities lost and found : the United States and the Arab-Israeli peace process -- Fool's errand or Kodak moment? : America and the Middle East at the dawn of the twenty-first century.
- 0807827371 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -387) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2357838