- Language Note:
- One card in English, two in German.
- The collection consists of three handwritten postal cards, one in English and two in German. Includes: postal card in English to John Wm. Coates, editor of the Magazine of music, 6 May 1889, requesting copies of a recent edition of the magazine that included one of his songs; two postal cards to Augener & Co., publishers of music, in German, 24 July 1892 and 16 June 1893, concerning Reinecke's whereabouts as he travels in Switzerland, and in response to an editing request.
- In Rare Books and Manuscripts, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA (#1984-0059R/A-S)
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased from Henry Bristow, 1984.
- Administrative History:
- Carl Reinecke was born in Denmark, and lived much of his life in Germany. A popular composer, an influential pianist, and respected instructer, he wrote books about Mozart and Beethoven, cadenzas to the concertos of Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven, and taught some of the most acclaimed composers of his time.
View MARC record | catkey: 2363012