School districts and instructional renewal / edited by Amy M. Hightower [and others].
- New York : Teachers College Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vi, 232 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hightower, Amy M.
- Critical issues in educational leadership series
- Forgotten players : how local school districts shaped American education / David Tyack -- How districts relate to states, schools, and communities : a review of emerging literature / Julie A. Marsh -- District strategies for building instructional capacity / Diane Massell and Margaret E. Goertz -- District as a professional learning laboratory / Mary Kay Stein and Laura D'Amico -- San Diego's big boom : systemic instructional change in the central office and schools / Amy M. Hightower -- New Haven Unified School District : a teaching quality system for excellence and equity / Jon Snyder -- Constraints and opportunities in changing policy environments : intermediary organizations' response to complex district contexts / Patricia Ellen Burch -- Focusing the concerns of new teachers : the district as teacher educator / Pam Grossman, Clarissa S. Thompson, and Sheila W. Valencia -- District policy making and state standards : a cognitive perspective on implementation / James P. Spillane -- Leadership for learning : a theory of action for urban school districts / Lauren B. Resnick and Thomas K. Glennan, Jr. -- Reforming districts / Milbrey W. McLaughlin and Joan E. Talbert.
- 0807742678 (cloth : alk. paper)
080774266X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2367547