Cytokines : from basic mechanisms of cellular control to new therapeutics / edited by Warren J. Leonard, Robert D. Schreiber
- Cold Spring Harbor perspectives in biology
- Machine generated contents note: The Common Cytokine Receptor -y Chain Family of Cytokines / Warren J. Leonard -- Role of the β Common (βc) Family of Cytokines in Health and Disease / Angel E. Lopez -- Interleukin-6 Family Cytokines / Stefan Rose-John -- Interleukin (IL-6) Immunotherapy / Tadamitsu Kishimoto -- The Tumor Necrosis Factor Family: Family Conventions and Privat Idiosyncrasies / David Wallach -- Interleukin 17 Family Cytokines: Signaling Mechanisms, Biological Activities, and Therapeutic Implications / Sarah L. Gaffen -- Interleukin (IL)-12 and IL-23 and Their Conflicting Roles in Cancer / Michele W.L. Teng -- Targeting IL-10 Family Cytokines for the Treatment of Human Diseases / Sascha Rutz -- Responses to Cytokines and Interferons that Depend upon JAKs and STATs / Yuxin Wang -- The Interferon (IFN) Class of Cytokines and the IFN Regulatory Factor (IRF) Transcription Factor Family / Hideyuki Yanai -- Interferon γ and Its Important Roles in Promoting and Inhibiting Spontaneous and Therapeutic Cancer Immunity / Robert D. Schreiber -- Interleukin (IL)-33 and the IL-1 Family of Cytokines---Regulators of Inflammation and Tissue Homeostasis / Axel Kallies -- Inflammasome-Dependent Cytokines at the Crossroads of Health and Autoinflammatory Disease / Mohamed Lamkanfi -- Cytokines, Transcription Factors, and the Initiation of T-Cell Development / Ellen V. Rothenberg -- Cytokines and Long Noncoding RNAs / Katherine A. Fitzgerald -- Negative Regulation of Cytokine Signaling in Immunity / Hiroko Nakatsukasa -- T Helper Cell Differentiation, Heterogeneity, and Plasticity / Jinfang Zhu -- Cytokine Signaling in the Development and Homeostasis of Regulatory T Cells / Thomas R. Malek -- Cytokine-Mediated Regulation of CD8 T-Cell Responses during Acute and Chronic Viral Infection / Rafi Ahmed -- Innate Lymphoid Cells (ILCs): Cytokine Hubs Regulating Immunity and Tissue Homeostasis / Xavier Romero Ros -- Development, Diversity, and Function of Dendritic Cells in Mouse and Human / Carlos G. Briseno -- Cancer Inflammation and Cytokines / Alberto Mantovani -- Cytokines in Cancer Immunotherapy / Thomas A. Waldmann -- The Future of the Cytokine Discipline / Joost J. Oppenheim.
- "Cytokines are small proteins released by cells that regulate the behavior of other cells. They include interferons, interleukins, and tumor necrosis factor and are important regulators of the immune system. This book examines the spectrum of cytokines that are produced and their roles in normal physiology and disease. Topics covered in this essential volume include: - Cytokines and Long Noncoding RNAs - Negative Regulation of Cytokine Signaling in Immunity - Cytokines and metabolism - Cytokines and viral infection"--
- 9781621821250 hardcover and 1621821250 hardcover
- "A subject collection from Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Biology."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23757394