Resonance Raman signature of intertube excitons in compositionally-defined carbon nanotube bundles [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2018. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Article numbers 637 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Electronic interactions in low-dimensional nanomaterial heterostructures can lead to novel optical responses arising from exciton delocalization over the constituent materials. Similar phenomena have been suggested to arise between closely interacting semiconducting carbon nanotubes of identical structure. Such behavior in carbon nanotubes has potential to generate new exciton physics, impact exciton transport mechanisms in nanotube networks, and place nanotubes as one-dimensional models for such behaviors in systems of higher dimensionality. Here we use resonance Raman spectroscopy to probe intertube interactions in (6,5) chirality-enriched bundles. Raman excitation profiles for the radial breathing mode and G-mode display a previously unobserved sharp resonance feature. We show the feature is evidence for creation of intertube excitons and is identified as a Fano resonance arising from the interaction between intratube and intertube excitons. The universality of the model suggests that similar Raman excitation profile features may be observed for interlayer exciton resonances in 2D multilayered systems.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/12/2018., "la--ur-17-27830", Nature Communications 9 1 ISSN 2041-1723 AM, and Jeffrey R. Simpson; Oleksiy Roslyak; Juan G. Duque; Erik H. Hároz; Jared J. Crochet; Hagen Telg; Andrei Piryatinski; Angela R. Hight Walker; Stephen K. Doorn.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23757500