Magnetic excitations in the spin-1/2 triangular-lattice antiferromagnet Cs2CuBr4 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Basic Energy Sciences, 2015.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Article numbers 113,059 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Basic Energy Sciences, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We present on high- field electron spin resonance (ESR) studies of magnetic excitations in the spin- 1/2 triangular-lattice antiferromagnet Cs2CuBr4. Frequency- field diagrams of ESR excitations are measured for different orientations of magnetic fields up to 25 T. We show that the substantial zero- field energy gap, Δ ≈ 9.5 K, observed in the low-temperature excitation spectrum of Cs2CuBr4 [Zvyagin et al:, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 077206 (2014)], is present well above TN. Noticeably, the transition into the long-range magnetically ordered phase does not significantly affect the size of the gap, suggesting that even below TN the high-energy spin dynamics in Cs2CuBr4 is determined by short-range-order spin correlations. The experimental data are compared with results of model spin-wave-theory calculations for spin-1/2 triangle-lattice antiferromagnet.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--111748-2016-ja
- Published through SciTech Connect.
New Journal of Physics 17 11 ISSN 1367-2630 AM
S. A. Zvyagin; M. Ozerov; D. Kamenskyi; J. Wosnitza; J. Krzystek; D. Yoshizawa; M. Hagiwara; Rongwei Hu; Hyejin Ryu; C. Petrovic; M. E. Zhitomirsky.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23758177