X-ray optical analyses with X-Ray Absorption Package (XRAP) [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper presents an X-Ray Absorption Package (XRAP) and the theoretical background for this program. XRAP is a computer code developed for analysis of optical elements in synchrotron radiation facilities. Two main issues are to be addressed: (1) generating BM (bending magnet) and ID (insertion device) spectrum and calculating their absorption in media, especially in such structural forms as variable thickness windows/filters and crystals; and (2) providing a finite difference engine for fast but sophisticated thermal and stress analyses for optical elements, such as windows and filters. Radiation cooling, temperature-dependent material properties (such as thermal conductivity and thermal expansion coefficient) etc. are taken into account in the analyses. For very complex geometry, an interface is provided directly to finite element codes such as ANSYS. Some of the present features built into XRAP include: (1) generation of BM and ID spectra; (2) photon absorption analysis of optical elements including filters, windows and mirrors, etc.; (3) heat transfer and thermal stress analyses of windows and filters and their buckling check; (4) user-friendly graphical-interface that is based on the state-of-the-art technology of GUI and X-window systems, which can be easily ported to other computer platforms; (5) postscript file output of either black/white or colored graphics for total/absorbed power, temperature, stress, spectra, etc.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/01/1994., "anl/xfd/cp--82932", " conf-940714--7", "DE94016906", 5. international meeting on synchrotron radiation instrumentation,Stony Brook, NY (United States),18-22 Jul 1994., and Wang, Zhibi; Kuzay, T.M.; Dejus, R. [Argonne National Lab., IL (United States)]; Grace, T. [Illinois Inst. of Technology, Chicago, IL (United States). Dept. of Computer Science].
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23759769