Similarity solutions of systems of partial differential equations using MACSYMA [electronic resource].
- New York, N.Y. : Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 24 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A code has been written to use the algebraic computer system MACSYMA to generate systematically the infinitesimal similarity groups corresponding to systems of quasi-linear partial differential equations. The infinitesimal similarity groups can be used to find exact solutions of the partial differential equations. In an example from fluid mechanics the similarity method using the computer code reproduces immediately a solution obtained from dimensional analysis.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:coo-3077-160
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Rosenau, P.; Schwarzmeier, J.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23759818