Compare optimized performance results for packaged RTU using all alternative refrigerants FY17 1st Quarter Milestone Report [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, 2017.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Based on the laboratory investigation in FY16, for R-22 and R-410A alternative low GWP refrigerants in two baseline rooftop air conditioners (RTU), we used the DOE/ORNL Heat Pump Design Model to model the two RTUs and calibrated the models against the experimental data. Using the calibrated equipment models, we compared the compressor efficiencies, heat exchanger performances. An efficiency-based compressor mapping method was developed, which is able to predict compressor performances of the alternative low GWP refrigerants accurately. Extensive model-based optimizations were conducted to provide a fair comparison between all the low GWP candidates by selecting their preferred configurations at the same cooling capacity and compressor efficiencies.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Bo Shen; Omar Abdelaziz; Som S. Shrestha; Ahmed F. Elatar.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23760765