Feedback-Based Projected-Gradient Method For Real-Time Optimization of Aggregations of Energy Resources [electronic resource] : Preprint
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2017.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 1.7 MB : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper develops an online optimization method to maximize the operational objectives of distribution-level distributed energy resources (DERs) while adjusting the aggregate power generated (or consumed) in response to services requested by grid operators. The design of the online algorithm is based on a projected-gradient method, suitably modified to accommodate appropriate measurements from the distribution network and the DERs. By virtue of this approach, the resultant algorithm can cope with inaccuracies in the representation of the AC power, it avoids pervasive metering to gather the state of noncontrollable resources, and it naturally lends itself to a distributed implementation. Optimality claims are established in terms of tracking of the solution of a well-posed time-varying optimization problem.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:nrel/cp-5d00-68500
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Presented at the 5th IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing (GlobalSIP), 14-16 November 2017, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Dall-Anese, Emiliano; Bernstein, Andrey; Simonetto, Andrea.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23760854