Construction Guide to Next-Generation High-Performance Walls in Climate Zones 3-5 - Part 2 [electronic resource] : 2x4 Walls
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, 2017.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 44 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Part 2 of this Construction Guide to High-Performance Walls in Climate Zones 3-5 provides straightforward and cost-effective strategies to construct durable, energy-efficient walls. It addresses walls constructed with 2x4 wood frame studs, wood structural panel (WSP) sheathing as wall bracing and added backing for foam sheathing, a layer of rigid foam sheathing insulation up to 1.5 inches thick over the WSP, and a cladding system installed over the foam sheathing in low-rise residential buildings up to three stories high. Walls with 2x6 framing are addressed in Part 1 of the Guide.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/ee--1673-2
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
V. Kochkin; J. Wiehagen.
Home Innovation Research Labs, Upper Marlboro, MD (United States)
View MARC record | catkey: 23761544