Comparison of RAMS World Oil Model with ''NEPP (1985) projections to 2010'' [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 29 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This study presents a comparison of the behavior of the RAMS World Oil Model with the NEPP-85 results. Two goals were defined for this study: Determine the changes necessary to RAMS input parameters to approximately duplicate NEPP-85 results. Determine effect of replacing the existing input assumptions in the standard version of RAMS with corresponding NEPP-85 assumptions. The changes made to RAMS in this study were to the numeric values of the standard scenario parameters. In no case were the model equations altered. The results that are compared in this analysis are the projected trajectories of World Oil Price and (non-communist) World Oil Production. In general, as will be seen below, the RAMS model, with appropriate parameter adjustments, appears to be able to do a reasonable job of duplicating the long-term trends found in the NEPP-85 study. It does less well at duplicating the detailed short-term behavior ('85-'90) of NEPP-85.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23764447