Electrochemical Modeling and Performance of a Lithium- and Manganese-Rich Layered Transition-Metal Oxide Positive Electrode [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, 2015. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- pages A559-A572 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The impedance of a lithium- and manganese-rich layered transition-metal oxide (MR-NMC) positive electrode, specifically Li1.2Ni0.15Mn0.55Co0.1O2, is compared to two other transition-metal layered oxide materials, specifically LiNi0.8Co0.15Al0.05O2 (NCA) and Li1.05(Ni1/3Co1/3Mn1/3)0.95O2 (NMC). A more detailed electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) study is conducted on the LMR-NMC electrode, which includes a range of states-of-charge (SOCs) for both current directions (i.e. charge and discharge) and two relaxation times (i.e. hours and one hundred hours) before the EIS sweep. The LMR-NMC electrode EIS studies are supported by half-cell constant current and galvanostatic intermittent titration technique (GITT) studies. Two types of electrochemical models are utilized to examine the results. The first type is a lithium ion cell electrochemical model for intercalation active material electrodes that includes a complex active material/electrolyte interfacial structure. In conclusion, the other is a lithium ion half-cell electrochemical model that focuses on the unique composite structure of the bulk LMR-NMC materials.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/21/2015., "110141", Journal of the Electrochemical Society 162 4 ISSN 0013-4651 AC, and Dennis W. Dees; Daniel P. Abraham; Wenquan Lu; Kevin G. Gallagher; Martin Bettge; Andrew N. Jansen.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23765771