Polymer nanocomposites for lithium battery applications [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2006. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Additional Creators:
- University of Chicago, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A single ion-conducting nanocomposite of a substantially amorphous polyethylene ether and a negatively charged synthetic smectite clay useful as an electrolyte. Excess SiO2 improves conductivity and when combined with synthetic hectorite forms superior membranes for batteries. A method of making membranes is also disclosed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/18/2006., "7,077,983", "10/334,880", and Sandi-Tapia, Giselle; Gregar, Kathleen.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23765900