Robotics virtual rail system and method [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2011. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Additional Creators:
- Battelle Memorial Institute, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A virtual track or rail system and method is described for execution by a robot. A user, through a user interface, generates a desired path comprised of at least one segment representative of the virtual track for the robot. Start and end points are assigned to the desired path and velocities are also associated with each of the at least one segment of the desired path. A waypoint file is generated including positions along the virtual track representing the desired path with the positions beginning from the start point to the end point including the velocities of each of the at least one segment. The waypoint file is sent to the robot for traversing along the virtual track.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/05/2011., "7,974,738", "US Patent Application 11/428,621", and Bruemmer, David J. (Idaho Falls, ID); Few, Douglas A. (Idaho Falls, ID); Walton, Miles C. (Idaho Falls, ID).
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23768302