Apparatus and method for electroforming high aspect ratio micro-parts [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2009. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A fixture is disclosed to more easily affix a workpiece in the proper orientation and spacing with sealed electrical interconnection within an electrochemical plating bath. The workpiece can be any planar metallic or non-metallic substrate such as a silicon wafer commonly used in LIGA or microsystem fabrication. The fixture described allows the workpiece to be submerged deep within an electrolytic cell, facing upwards, and allows easy transfer from one cell to another. The edges, backside, and electrical connections are sealed and protected from the electrolyte.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/27/2009., "7,608,174", "US patent application 11/599,766", and Hachman, John T. (Stockton, CA); Losey, Matthew W. (Rancho Cucamonga, CA); McLean, Dorrance E. (Manteca, CA).
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23768606