Development and assessment of a modified version of RELAP5/MOD3 [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- pages 2,067-2,078 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A summary of a number of modifications introduced in RELAP/MOD3 is presented. These include implementation of different heat transfer packages for different processes, modification of the low mass-flux Groeneveld CHF look-up table and of the dispersed flow interfacial area (and shear) as well as of the criterion for transition into and out from this regime, elimination of the under-relaxation schemes of the interfacial closure coefficients etc. The modified code is assessed against a number of separate-effect and integral test experiments and in contrast to the frozen version, is shown to result in physically sound predictions which are close to the measurements.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
7. international topical meeting on nuclear reactor thermal-hydraulics (Nureth-7), Saratoga Springs, NY (United States), 10-15 Sep 1995.
Analytis, G.T. [Paul Scherrer Institute, Villigen (Switzerland)].
View MARC record | catkey: 23770015