Characteristics of tapered fluidized reactors [electronic resource] : two phase systems
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1978. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 22 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A steady-state, one-dimensional, plug-flow model was used to obtain analytical exact expressions of the void volume-fraction and particle size distributions for spherical particles in cylindrical and tapered reactor geometries. Characteristic curves developed from analytical solutions are presented to aid in understanding reactor characteristics. The results for the tapered reactor are compared with those of a cylindrical reactor; quantitative evaluations of the effect of reactor taper on void fraction and particle size distributions in the reactor are presented.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1978., "conf-780549-7", Symposium on biotechnology in energy production, Gatlinburg, TN, USA, 10 May 1978., and Hsu, H.W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23770131