Gas-transfer analysis. Section H - real gas results via the van der Waals equation of state and virial expansion extension of its limiting Abel-Noble form [electronic resource].
- Albuquerque, N.M. : Sandia National Laboratories, 1983. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 78 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An ideal-gas, quasi-steady, duct-flow model previously formulated for small scale gas-transfer problems is extended to real gases via the van der Waals equation of state as well as general virial expansions. The model is applicable for an arbitrary series of ducting components where each is described empirically by total pressure and total temperature change correlations. The adequacy of the van der Waals model for gas-transfer calculations is verified by comparisons with: (1) real gas PVT data; (2) the magnitudes of the controlling effects; and (3) approximate limiting case solutions with numerical results using more accurate real-gas modeling. 25 figures.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/1983., "sand-83-8229", "DE83013281", and Chenoweth, D R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23770143