Ancient laws and institutes of Wales [electronic resource] : comprising laws supposed to be enacted by Howel the Good, modified by subsequent regulations under the native princes prior to the conquest by Edward the First ; and anomalous laws, consisting principally of institutions which by the Statute of Ruddlan were admitted to continue in force ; with an English translation of the Welsh text, to which are added a few Latin transcripts, containing digests of the Welsh laws, principally of the Dimetian code
- Corporate Author:
- Burlington : TannerRitchie Publishing in collaboration with the Library and Information Services of the University of St Andrews, 
- Copyright Date:
- Searchable text ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (2 volumes).
- Additional Creators:
Hywel, King of Wales, -950
Owen, Aneurin, 1792-1851
Great Britain. Record Commission
- Medieval and early modern sources online
- Language Note:
- Contains Welsh text and English translation of the Codes and anomalous laws and digests of the Welsh laws in Latin.
- Contents: The laws of Howel Dda. The Venedotian Code -- The Dimetian Code -- The Gwentian Code -- Anomalous laws -- Leges wallicae -- Leges Howeli Boni -- Statuta de Rothelañ.
- 9781773010731 (v. 1)
- Related Titles:
- Venedotian Code
- Electronic version in PHP and PDF formats of the 2 volume work published: London : Printed by George E. Eyre and Andrew Spottiswoode, Printers to the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, 1841.
Edited and translated by Anewin Owen.
"Printed by Command of His Late Majesty King William IV. Under the direction of The Commissioners on the Public Records of the Kingdom 1841."--t.p.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes indexes.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 23771751