Practicing Servant Leadership [electronic resource] : Developments in Implementation / edited by Dirk van Dierendonck, Kathleen Patterson
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Palgrave Macmillan, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- XVII, 296 pages 7 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- van Dierendonck, Dirk, Patterson, Kathleen, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Introduction; Dirk van Dierendonck and Kathleen Patterson -- Part I. Positioning Servant Leadership -- 2. Wisdom as a Pillar for Servant Leadership; Don M. Frick -- 3. Leader Purposefulness and Servant Leadership; Justin A. Irving -- 4. Maintaining your Stance: History Reveals the Cost to Servant Leaders; Carolyn Crippen -- Part II. Becoming the Servant Leader -- 5. The Motivation to Serve as a Cornerstone of Servant Leadership; Peter Sun -- 6. Self-Reflection and Wonder as Keys to Personal Growth and Servant Leadership; Johan van t'Zet -- 7. Mindfulness as a Building Block for Servant Leadership; Armin Pircher Verdorfer and Johannes Arendt -- Part III. Building a Servant Leadership Culture -- 8. Practicing Compassion and Building Spirals of Inspiration in Business and in the Public Sector; Jari J. Hakanen and Anne Birgitta Pessi -- 9. A Conceptual Framework to Operationalize Servant Leadership within an Organization; Michiel Frederick Coetzer -- 10. Building a Servant-Led and People Oriented Organization; Dirk van Dierendonck -- 11. Building Real Organizations: Reinventing Organizations with Servant Leadership; Robert Jack -- Part IV. Towards a Servant Leadership Society -- 12. The Servant Leadership Pin: Bursting the Generational Bubble; Jane Waddell and Kathleen Patterson -- 13. Incorporating Organizational Ambidexterity in the Public Sector through Servant Leadership; Miguel Pinto Luz and Milton Sousa -- 14. Improving Health Care Organizations through Servant Leadership; Sigrún Gunnarsdóttir, Kasper Edwards and Lotta Dellve.
- Building on the original writings of Robert K. Greenleaf, this edited collection provides new insights into servant leadership theory and broadens the conceptual framework with a developmental perspective on modern organisations. Bringing together a group of active servant leadership researchers and practitioners from around the world, this book applies Greenleaf’s original ideas to current challenges within today’s businesses. The authors explore theoretical topics such as purposefulness, compassion, personal growth and mindfulness, as well as providing practical models for implementing a servant leadership culture within organisations, with a particular focus on public administration and the health care industry.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 23772461