Putting ''place'' a multiscale context [electronic resource] : perspectices from the sustainability sciences
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2015. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- pages 70-79 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This paper summarizes a number of perspectives that have emerged from the sustainability sciences in recent decades (NRC, 1999; Kates et al., 2001; NRC, 2006; Kates, 2010) that shed light on the role of place in multi-scale sustainability science and vice-versa, ranging from the importance of the co-production of knowledge for sustainable development to threats to a ''sense of place'' from global environmental and economic changes.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/04/2015., "KP1703030", "ERKP719", Environmental Science and Policy 53 A ISSN 1462-9011 AM, and Thomas J. Wilbanks.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23775544