Transportation Energy Futures [electronic resource] : Freight Transportation Modal Shares Scenarios for a Low-Carbon Future
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, 2013. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 94 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Management, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Freight transportation modes—truck, rail, water, air, and pipeline—each serve a distinct share of the freight transportation market. A variety of factors influence the modes chosen by shippers, carriers, and others involved in freight supply chains. Analytical methods can be used to project future modal shares, and federal policy actions could influence future freight mode choices. This report considers how these topics have been addressed in existing literature and offers insights on federal policy decisions with the potential to prompt mode choices that reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/2013., "doe/go--102013-3705", "7582", and J. J. Brogan; A. E. Aeppli; D. F. Brown; M. J. Fischer; L. R. Grenzeback; E. McKenzie; L. Vimmerstedt; A. D. Vyas; E. Witzke.
View MARC record | catkey: 23777849