MODIS Airborne simulator (MAS) Final Report for CLASIC [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Chief Financial Officer, 2010.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Additional Creators:
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Chief Financial Officer
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The MAS was flown aboard the NASA ER-2 for the CLASIC field experiment, and for all data collected, provided calibrated and geolocated (Level-1B) radiance data for it’s 50 spectral bands (ranging in wavelength for 0.47 to 14.3 μm). From the Level-1B data, as directed in the Statement of Work, higher order (Level-2) data products were derived. The Level-2 products include: a) cloud optical thickness, b) cloud effective radius, c) cloud top height (temperature), d) cloud fraction, e) cloud phase products. Preliminary Level-1B and Level-2 products were provided during the field experiment (typically within one or two days of data collection). Final version data products were made available in December 2008 following considerable calibration analysis. Data collection, data processing (to Level-2), and discussion of the calibration work are summarized below.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
"scientific and technical report"
Thomas Arnold; Steven Platnick.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 03/01/2007 - 12/31/2007
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23778017