Datamart use for complex data retrieval in an ArcIMS application [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2004.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 11 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper describes the use of datamarts and data warehousing concepts to expedite retrieval and display of complex attribute data from multi-million record databases. Los Alamos National Laboratory has developed an Internet application (SMART) using ArcIMS that relies on datamarts to quickly retrieve attribute data, associated with, but not contained within GIS layers. The volume of data and the complex relationships within the transactional database made data display within ArcIMS impractical without the use of datamarts. The technical issues and solutions involved in the development are discussed.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-04-5011
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Submitted to: ESRI International User's Conference, San Diego, CA.
Scherma, S. (Steven); Bolivar, Stephen L.
View MARC record | catkey: 23780418