Green's function analysis of homogeneous slab time eigenvalues [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2004. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Several recent papers have examined higher mode eigenvalues and eigenfunctions for multiplying systems. One of the goals of these analyses was to produce benchmark-quality results of the fundamental multiplication eigenvalue along with associated higher mode eigenvalues. The Green's Function Method (GFM) was found to be quite useful in these analyses. In this paper we extend our use of the GFM to include the calculation of real time eigenvalues. Many large-scale transport codes have difficulty calculating negative time eigenvalues, and the availability of benchmark-quality positive time eigenvalues is also scarce. Thus, we enhance the suite of benchmark-quality results for nuclear code developers by adding some time eigenvalue results.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/2004., "la-ur-04-0034", " la-ur-04-34", Submitted to: American Nuclear Society Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, June 2004., and Kornreich, D. E. (Drew E.); Parsons, Donald Kent.
View MARC record | catkey: 23780477