An evaluation of Ethernet connectivity via broadband bridge [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 33 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report presents the results of an evaluation project to examine the performance characteristics of the Bridge Communications, Inc., Ethernet-Broadband bridge. This bridge is under consideration for use on the Oak Ridge National Laboratory/interplant broadband network to provide interconnectivity among various local Ethernet segments installed throughout the facility. Evaluation of the bridge is based on the needs of plant-wide communication via broadband technology. Tests of performance and reliability demonstrated that the IB/I Bridge offers adequate throughput for this application with excellent reliability and durability. 4 refs., 9 figs., 2 tabs.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ornl/tm-10177
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Hayes, R.W.; Farmer, J.T. Jr.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23780654