Responses of C/sub 6/D/sub 6/ and C/sub 6/F/sub 6/ gamma-ray detectors and the capture in the 1.15-keV resonance of /sup 56/Fe [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1988. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We have used the electron gamma-ray transport code EGS to calculate responses of C/sub 6/D/sub 6/ and C/sub 6/F/sub 6/ gamma-ray detectors, where the geometry of the capture experiments was carefully modelled. Very good agreement was obtained with spectra from selected resonances in the capture of neutrons by /sup 207/Pb. Weighting functions based upon the calculated responses were used in measuring the capture in the 1.15-keV resonance of /sup 56/Fe relative to the capture in the Au 4.9-eV resonance. The neutron width was measured to be 64.5+-3. MeV with C/sub 6/F/sub 6/ detectors, and 63.0+-2.5 meV with C/sub 6/D/sub 6/ detectors. These valuues are in good agreement with the value of 61.7+-0.9 MeV found from transmission measurements. 16 refs., 6 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1988., "conf-880546--13", " conf-880546-", "DE88011008", International conference on nuclear data for science and technology, Mito, Japan, 30 May 1988., and F. G. Perey; J. O. Johnson; T. A. Gabriel; R. L. Macklin; R. R. Winters; J. H. Todd; N. W. Hill.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23780775