Fully-Coupled Metallic Fuel Performance Simulations using BISON [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 2015.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 19 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This document is a set of slides intended to accompany a talk at a meeting. The first topic taken up is zirconium redistribution. The rod edge Zr increase is evidently due to the Soret term and temperature gradient. Then metallic fission gas release modeling is considered. Based on a GRSIS/FEAST model, the approach of generating fission gas in the fuel matrix is described. A sensitivity study on parameters is presented, including sodium bond & diffusion coefficient sensitivity along with dt sensitivity. Finally, results of some coupled simulations are shown, with ideas about future work.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
FCRD Integration Meeting ; 2015-08-25 - 2015-08-27 ; Islip, New York, United States.
Jack D. Galloway; Cetin Unal.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23780939