A model of film boiling in the presence of electric fields [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- pages 3,218-3,232 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Recently it was found that, when a strong electric field is applied around a heated wire, two distinct film boiling heat transfer regimes are observed. In this paper, a semi-empirical model is derived to analyze the pool boiling process in the presence of non uniform electric field. The model takes into account the dielectrophoretic force acting on the bubbles as they grow and the effect of the electric field on the most dangerous wavelength. It is shown how the transition between the two film boiling regimes is possible for high strength electric fields. The threshold voltage for transition, transition heat fluxes and hysteresis values are compared with experimental outcomes showing a satisfactory agreement.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1995., "nureg/cp--0142-vol.4", " conf-950904--vol.4", "TI95017080", 7. international topical meeting on nuclear reactor thermal-hydraulics (Nureth-7), Saratoga Springs, NY (United States), 10-15 Sep 1995., and Carrica, P.M.; Masson, V.; Clausse, A. [Centro Atomico Bariloche and Instituto Balseiro, Barilochi (Argentina)].
View MARC record | catkey: 23781581