Fuel motion in TREAT tests M5F1, M5F2, M6 and M7 [electronic resource] : preliminary analysis of hodoscope data
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1989.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 72 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Preliminary results from hodoscope data analyses are presented for TREAT transient-overpower tests M5 through M7, including expansion at the tops of the fuel pins, changes in relative worth of fuel pins, and lateral pin motion. Tests M5 and M6 were the first TOP tests of margin to cladding breach and prefailure elongation of D9-clad ternary (U-Pu-Zr) IFR-type fuel. Test M7 extends these results to high-burnup fuel and also initiates transient testing of HT9-clad binary (U-Zr) FFTF-driver fuel. 5 refs., 17 figs., 1 tab.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Rhodes, E A; Stanford, G S; Regis, J P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23781790