Stress analysis of cylindrical pressure vessels with closely spaced nozzles by the finite-element method. Volume II. Vessels with two nozzles under external force and moment loadings. [MUFT-NOZZLE code] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 104 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A finite-element computer program, MULT-NOZZLE, was developed for the stress analysis of cylindrical pressure vessels with one, two, or three closely spaced reinforced nozzles. The nozzles may be unreinforced or fully reinforced according to the rules of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code. MULT-NOZZLE consists of two modules which may be operated independently. The first module, FEMG, automatically prepares a finite-element mesh, including the nodal point coordinates, finite-element connectivities, mesh options, and boundary value specifications for input to the finite-element solution module SAP3M. SAP3M, which is a modified and improved version of the SAP3 computer program, computes the nodal point displacements and stress tensor components and prints and/or stores the results for later postprocessing. The present volume demonstrates the program's ability to analyze one- and two-nozzle vessels with external loads.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:nureg/cr-0132
E 1.99: ornl/nureg-18/v2
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Tso, F K.W.; Weed, R A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23781864