BWR Full Integral Simulation Test (FIST) program [electronic resource] : facility description report
- Cincinnati, Ohio : General Electric Company, 1984. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 265 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Electric Company and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A new boiling water reactor safety test facility (FIST, Full Integral Simulation Test) is described. It will be used to investigate small breaks and operational transients and to tie results from such tests to earlier large-break test results determined in the TLTA. The new facility's full height and prototypical components constitute a major scaling improvement over earlier test facilities. A heated feedwater system, permitting steady-state operation, and a large increase in the number of measurements are other significant improvements. The program background is outlined and program objectives defined. The design basis is presented together with a detailed, complete description of the facility and measurements to be made. An extensive component scaling analysis and prediction of performance are presented.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1984., "nureg/cr-2576", " epri-np-2314", " geap-22054", "TI85900036", and Stephens, A G [ed.].
View MARC record | catkey: 23781920