Independent assessment of TRAC-PF1 (Version 7. 0), RELAP5/MOD1 (Cycle 14), and TRAC-BD1 (Version 12. 0) codes using separate-effects experiments [electronic resource].
- Upton, N.Y. : Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1985. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 163 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report presents the results of independent code assessment conducted at BNL. The TRAC-PF1 (Version 7.0) and RELAP5/MOD1 (Cycle 14) codes were assessed using the critical flow tests, level swell test, countercurrent flow limitation (CCFL) tests, post-CHF test, steam generator thermal performance tests, and natural circulation tests. TRAC-BD1 (Version 12.0) was applied only to the CCFL and post-CHF tests. The TRAC-PWR series of codes, i.e., TRAC-P1A, TRAC-PD2, and TRAC-PF1, have been gradually improved. However, TRAC-PF1 appears to need improvement in almost all categories of tests/phenomena attempted to BNL. Of the two codes, TRAC-PF1 and RELAP5/MOD1, the latter needs more improvement particularly in the areas of: CCFL, Level swell, CHF correlation and post-CHF heat transfer, and Numerical stability. For the CCFL and post-CHF tests, TRAC-BD1 provides the best overall results. However, the TRAC-BD1 interfacial shear package for the countercurrent annular flow regime needs further improvement for better prediction of CCFL phenomenon. 47 refs., 87 figs., 15 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/01/1985., "nureg/cr-4359", " bnl-nureg-51919", "TI86006331", and Saha, P; Jo, J H; Neymotin, L; Rohatgi, U S; Slovik, G C; Yuelys-Miksis, C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23781995