Validation tests of the venture finite-difference diffusion theory neutronics code. [LMFBR] [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1981. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 18 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The VENTURE code has been programmed for digital computer neutronics calculations. This report discusses the testing done to prove that reliable solutions are obtained. Some of the results produced and discussion about them may be of general interest, especially in application for reactor analysis. The authors believe that the extensive testing done with this code allows a high level of confidence to be placed on results produced if due consideration is given to limits of the model, to discrete mesh requirements, to basic requirements for adequate nuclear properties, and to satisfying adequate convergence criteria for the iterative procedures of solution.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1981., "ornl/tm-7634", and Vondy, D.R.; Fowler, T.B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23782009