Analysis of potential saltwater intrusion at NEP I and II power station [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1980.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 36 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The potential of adverse environmental impacts to groundwater availability and groundwater quality from construction dewatering of the coastal aquifer at a proposed New England Power site was examined with an analytical model. The drawdown zone and the extent of saltwater intrusion were predicted with and without the use of a slurry-wall barrier. The use of a slurry wall to mitigate any adverse impacts is feasible but the limited understanding of the coastal aquifer demands that monitoring requirements be included in the construction plan.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ornl/tm-7138
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23782132