Proceedings of the first geochemical workshop on shale [electronic resource] : Environmental Sciences Division publication No. 2845
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1986. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 65 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report represents the outcome of the first workshop dealing with geochemical research needs for a shale-hosted repository for disposal of high-level nuclear waste. The workshop was held at the University of New Mexico in 1985 and was attended by scientists representing academia, national laboratories, and the federal government. Research needs are grouped into three major categories: (1) characterization of baseline conditions, (2) radioelement behavior: ambient conditions, and (3) effect of waste emplacement. Within each category, specific needs are identified and discussed. For each, statements of justification, approach, and man-power requirements are presented. General levels of priorities are established for each research need.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/01/1986., "ornl/tm-9865", "DE87004035", and Brookins, D.G.; Stow, S.H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 23783423