Ground support in mining and underground construction : proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Ground Support, 28-30 September 2004, Perth, Western Australia / edited by Ernesto Villaescusa, Yves Potvin
- Conference Author:
- International Symposium on Ground Support (5th : 2004 : Perth, W.A.)
- Leiden : A.A. Balkema, ©2004.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 659 pages) : illustrations, text file, PDF
- Additional Creators:
- Villaescusa, Ernesto and Potvin, Yves, 1958-
- part Keynote lectures -- chapter 1 The dynamic environment of ground support and reinforcement -- chapter 2 A review of long, high capacity reinforcing systems used in rock engineering -- part Part I Case studies -- chapter 3 The evolution of ground support practices at Mount Isa Mines -- chapter 4 A case study of ground support improvement at Perseverance Mine -- chapter 5 A fall of ground case study-an improved understanding of the behaviour of a major fault and its interaction with ground support -- chapter 6 Field experiments on cable bolting for the pre-reinforcement of rock masses-first application to an underground powerhouse in Japan -- chapter 7 Seismic and support behaviour, a case study: the April 22nd, 2003 Rockburst, Reservas Norte sector, El Teniente Mine, Codelco Chile -- chapter 8 Integrated ground support design in very weak ground at Cayeli Mine -- part Part II Rock mass characterisation -- chapter 9 Three-dimensional rock mass characterisation for the design of excavations and estimation of ground support requirements -- chapter 10 Geotechnical block modelling at BHP Billiton Cannington Mine -- chapter 11 The application of a rock mass rating system at Tau Lekoa Mine -- chapter 12 Determination of rock mass behaviour as an integral part in rock mass characterisation using probabilistic methods -- part Part III Modelling -- chapter 13 Rock mass characterization for numerical modelling of ground stability control in mining -- chapter 14 Axial force distribution of friction-anchored rockbolts -- chapter 15 A case study on stochastic fracture geometry modeling in 3-D including validations for a tunneling site in USA -- chapter 16 Modelling of rockbolt behavior around tunnels with emphasis on stress distribution on the rockbolt shank -- part Part IV In situ and laboratory testing -- chapter 17 Changing to the Posimix4 resin bolt for Jumbo and Quick-ChemTM at Mt Charlotte mine -- chapter 18 Bolt surface profiles-an important parameter in load transfer capacity appraisal -- chapter 19 Extent and mechanisms of gloving and unmixed resin in fully encapsulated roof bolts and a review of recent developments -- chapter 20 The effect of rock strength on shear behaviour of fully grouted bolts -- chapter 21 Research on new anchoring method by physical modelling and field testing -- part Part V Open pit -- chapter 22 Highly flexible catch fences and high performance drape mesh systems for rockfall protection in open pit operations -- chapter 23 Artificial rehabilitation and control of open pit slope crests and batters -- part Part VI Dynamic testing -- chapter 24 Dynamic capable ground support development and application -- chapter 25 Field performance of cone bolts at Big Bell mine -- chapter 26 Performance assessment of tendon support systems submitted to dynamic loading -- chapter 27 Performance of rockburst support systems in Canadian mines -- chapter 28 Assessing the in-situ performance of ground support systems subjected to dynamic loading -- chapter 29 Dynamic testing of rock reinforcement using the momentum transfer concept -- chapter 30 Simulation and analysis of dynamically loaded reinforcement systems -- part Part VII Rockfalls and failure mechanisms -- chapter 31 Controlling rockfall risks in Australian underground metal mines -- chapter 32 Failure modes and support of coal roofs -- chapter 33 Rockfalls in Western Australian underground metalliferous mines -- chapter 34 Back analysis of block falls in underground panel cave excavations: The experience in panel caving at El Teniente Mine-Codelco Chile -- chapter 35 Quality in ground support management -- chapter 36 Support evaluation and quality assurance for AngloGold Ashanti Limited’s SA region -- chapter 37 Ground support practices at Brunswick Mine, NB, Canada -- part Part VIII Civil engineering and tunnelling -- chapter 38 100-year design life of rock bolts and shotcrete -- chapter 39 Design and construction of water dams against 1000 m hydraulic pressure -- chapter 40 Thermo-chemo-mechanical assessment of support effectiveness during tunneling in squeezing conditions -- chapter 41 Risk-based design using numerical modelling -- chapter 42 Application of nondestmctive stress measurement technique for safety assessment of underground structures -- chapter 43 Support performance control in large underground caverns using instrumentation and field monitoring -- chapter 44 Rock mass classifications and complementary analyses of use in tunnel design -- part Part IX Design -- chapter 45 Rock reinforcement design for overstressed rock using three dimensional numerical modeling -- chapter 46 Issues in selection and design of ore pass support -- chapter 47 Ground support-predicting when to change the pattern -- part Part X Corrosion -- chapter 48 Premature bolt failures in Australian coal mines due to stress corrosion cracking -- chapter 49 The corrosion of rock bolts and cable bolts -- chapter 50 Corrosion assessment of ground support systems -- part Part XI Surface support -- chapter 51 Hydro scaling and in-cycle shotcrete at Waroonga mine, Western Australia -- chapter 52 Strength and stiffness of shotcrete-rock interface-a laboratory study -- chapter 53 Investigations into mechanisms of rock support provided by sprayed liners -- chapter 54 Large scale static laboratory tests of different support systems -- chapter 55 The use of cementitious linings to protect ore passes in the mining industry -- chapter 56 Performance assessment of high-tensile steel wire mesh for ground support under seismic conditions -- part Part XII Other support -- chapter 57 Pillar replacement using pre-stressed timber props -- chapter 58 A probabilistic approach to determining stable inter-pillar spans on Tau Lekoa Mine -- chapter 59 Backfill at Sons of Gwalia Mine -- chapter 60 Measurement and prediction of internal stresses in an underground opening during its filling with cemented fill -- chapter 61 Mining and support of tunnels in minefill at BHP Billiton Cannington Mine -- chapter 62 An overview on the use of paste backfill technology as a ground support method in cut-and-fill mines -- chapter 63 Raise climber-supporting method for stability of raise development in Pongkor Gold Mine, Indonesia.
- 9780203023921 (e-book) (e-book: PDF)
9780203023921 (e-book : PDF)
9781135290443 (e-book: ePub)
9781135290405 (e-book: Mobi)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print format.
View MARC record | catkey: 23785598