Rock quality, seismic velocity, attenuation and anisotropy / Nick Barton
- Barton, Nick, 1944-
- London ; New York : Taylor & Francis, ©2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxvi, 729 pages) : illustrations, text file, PDF
- Balkema-proceedings and monographs in engineering, water and earth sciences
- part Part I -- chapter 1 Shallow seismic refraction, some basic theory, and the importance of rock type -- chapter 2 Environmental effects on velocity -- chapter 3 Effects of anisotropy on Vp -- chapter 4 Cross-hole velocity and cross-hole velocity tomography -- chapter 5 Relationships between rock quality, depth and seismic velocity -- chapter 6 Deformation moduli and seismic velocities -- chapter 7 Excavation disturbed zones and their seismic properties -- chapter 8 Seismic measurements for tunnelling -- chapter 9 Relationships between Vp, Lugeon value, permeability and grouting in jointed rock -- part Part II -- chapter 10 Seismic quality Q and attenuation at many scales -- chapter 11 Velocity structure of the earth’s crust -- chapter 12 Rock stress, pore pressure, borehole stability and sonic logging -- chapter 13 Rock physics at laboratory scale -- chapter 14 P-waves for characterising fractured reservoirs -- chapter 15 Shear wave splitting in fractured reservoirs and resulting from earthquakes -- chapter 16 Joint stiffness and compliance and the joint shearing mechanism -- chapter 17 Conclusions.
- 9780203964453 (e-book) (e-book: PDF)
9780203964453 (e-book : PDF)
9781134160129 (e-book: ePub)
9781134160082 (e-book: Mobi)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -654) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print format.
View MARC record | catkey: 23786824