Handbook of research on mobile devices and smart gadgets in K-12 education / Amar Ali Khan, National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Pakistan ; Sajid Umair, National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Pakistan
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, 
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 399 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Khan, Amar Ali, 1989- and Umair, Sajid, 1992-
- Principles of learning in the technology-enhanced classroom / Kevin Krahenbuhl -- Digital technology in kindergarten : challenges and opportunities / Vicki Schriever -- Does gadget usage hamper the psychological aspects of pre-schoolers? : a qualitative study / Hon Kai Yee, Chua Bee Seok, Shazia Iqbal Hashmi -- Mobile devices in class room / Parkavi Ravi, Sheik Abdullah Abbas, Sujitha Alagarsamy -- A critical analysis of the use of mobile devices in the classroom and its implication for effective teaching and learning / Theodora Adjin-Tettey, Vincentia Akrobotu -- Smart e-communication through smart phones / Beena Anil -- Investigating students' acceptance and intention to use mobile learning in Moroccan higher education / Ouiame Filali Marzouki, Samir Bennani -- Preparing teachers for the use of mobile technologies grounded in research and best practice / Selma Koc -- Technology infused balanced literacy for enhancing the reading skills of early grade childrens / Amar Ali Khan, Manzil e Maqsood, Sajid Umair -- Self-directed learning with technology and academic motivation as predictors of tablet PC acceptance / Ramazan Yilmaz, Fatma Gizem Karaoglan Yilmaz, Cigdem Cavus Ezin -- The Integration of educational technology for classroom-based formative assessment to empower teaching and learning / Asli Gokturk Saglam -- Mini-robots as smart gadgets : promoting active learning of key K-12 social science skills / Beverly Ray, Caroline Faure -- Play, interactivity and advancement : the moble tablet in the classroom / Malaika Reynolds -- An analysis of mobile applications for early childhood students with bilateral hearing loss / Janell Harvey -- Design and implementation of gamified course contents / Md Hasan -- Using Web 2.0 tools to start a WebQuest renaissance / Todd Cherner, Eva Kokopeli -- Technology integration and upgradation of higher secondary education : need of the hour in Pakistan / Afshan Mahmood, Nayab Khattak, Noorul haq, Sajid Umair -- Using mobile technology for formative assessment in the classroom / Joshua Elliott -- Preparing teachers for mobile learning applications grounded in research and pedagogical frameworks / Selma Koc, Joanne Goodell -- The iPad : a mobile learning device and innovative note-taking tool / Julia Bennett, Danielle McKain -- Blended learning, collaborative learning, and computer-supported collaborative learning : theories and perspectives / Kijpokin Kasemsap.
- "This book provides the scholars with a platform to disseminate the ideas, advancement and practices about the role of technology, specially the mobile technology: tablets, smart phones, and other smart gadgets in education in general and with special emphasis on K-12 education. It creates the awareness in the academia about thinking new ways of teaching using technology"--
- 9781522527060 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23788454